This page lists some nice routes we take regularly whilst running in the city. You can find the most recent routes taken on our Monday club runs here.
- Arthur’s Seat is always good in the light. We have several variations:
- A trip down to the Hermitage, 5.5 miles.
This has the option to go off-road next to Braid Burn if you cross the bridge at the start of the woods, climb to the top of the gully and follow the burn.
- Out along the Union Canal, returning via Braid burn and Morningside, 8 miles from DVC.
- Our Braids course! Each lap is just under 3 miles.
- Down to King’s Buildings and back through Marchmont. This one is just shy of 6km and good in the dark, as there are lot of street lights. We often use it for Monday runs during the winter months.
- The Innocent Railway path is a good route out to the southeast of the city. This route goes past Craigmillar Castle and back through Little France.
Carnethy Hill Running Club also have some good routes on their website.
If you’re looking to go far without too many traffic lights.
Then get a pint and fish and chips at The Ship Inn and train home. Top day out. Just ask Scott or Matty.